Guys, don’t even try to hide it. There is that one character who creates a flutter probably worse than his love interest’s nerves in your stomach. Or that one moment where you have to stop reading for a second to bask in the glory of their first kiss. Or the character that makes your heart speed up whenever he is in danger and you can’t stop reading or fretting until he’s safe and sound again. So here are my top guy/girl crushes in YA novels.
- Percy Jackson (Heroes of Olympus): I literally talk about him in almost every post but I cannot help it! I have a major crush on him. Dark hair, sea green eyes… and it helps he’s played by Logan Lerman in the movies.
“’It’s okay,’ [Percy] said. ‘We’re together.’ He didn’t say you’re okay, or we’re alive. After all they’d been through over the last year, he knew that the most important thing was that they were together. She loved him for saying that.”
- Levi (Fangirl): Levi is that one college guy who is easygoing and in the loop about everything. He may not be drop dead gorgeous, but he’s cute and sweet. For those of you who’ve seen Pitch Perfect, he reminds me of the Jesse (the love interest on the other team).
- Peeta Mellark(Hunger Games): Gale has absolutely nothing on Peeta. NOTHING. In the books, that is. Now the movies… that’s a different story. But in the books, he is sweet and caring and romantic. I love his strength and protectiveness of Katniss.
- Clay (13 Reasons Why): I felt so unbelievably sad for Clay when I read this. He’s a perfectly normal guy with a perfectly normal crush on Hannah. She ripped his heart out by committing suicide, and the reader could feel his mixed emotions quite clearly: guilt, betrayal, love, anger. He blamed himself yet he did nothing wrong. I just wanted to hug him!
“I’m listening to someone give up. Someone I knew—someone I liked. I’m listening… but still, I’m too late.”
- Hermione Granger (Harry Potter): How can anyone dislike Hermione? She’s intelligent, resourceful, and witty. Her romance with Ron is adorable, and she feels more like a strong main character rather than a sidekick. Harry and Ron would be completely lost without her. And, she’s Emma Watson.
“‘Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.'”
- Sam (Perks of being a Wallflower): I love how quirky and different Sam is. She accepts Charlie for who he is and who he’s not and focuses on having fun. Sam seems to draw all eyes toward her, and she’s always in the loop. And, she’s Emma Watson!
- Cinder (Cinder): Cinder is one of the strongest female protagonists I have ever read. While it is structured around a love story, she certainly pulls her own weight and doesn’t need anybody’s help. She doesn’t fall in love with her prince at a glance; she jumps through hoops to save him.
These are the most prominent crushes I have on fictional characters. I tried to limit it because I would eventually go senile with all the lovely characters I’ve read. Really, I at least want to know all these characters personally. I could hang out with Hermione and talk about how stunning Percy’s green eyes are. In a perfect world…. I know I’m not alone in crushing on guys in books! Comment your crushes below!