Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors I’ve Never Read, which if pretty difficult, considering I make it my goal to read at least one book from any famous author I hear about.
- C.S. Lewis- You guys know, Narnia…
- Stephanie Meyer- I have made a personal protest NOT to read Twilight, but I am planning on reading The Host.
- Lauren Oliver- I need to read Delirium and Panic!
- Henry David Thoreau- Okay, so, this guy. I was doing a quiz (Who’s Your Classic Author Soulmate), and I got him. But I had no idea who he was! Then, the very next day, I saw one of his books in my English teacher’s classroom. It’s destiny.
- H.G. Wells- He seems interesting. The Time Machine was a book club book, but I picked a different one instead.
- Avi- There are libraries everywhere overflowing with his books, but they haven’t appealed to me.
- Jane Austen- I will read Pride and Prejudice one day, I swear!
- Stephanie Perkins- Anna and the French Kiss, really, she’s on my list and I just haven’t gotten that far yet.
I try my best to try out authors. If you name a popular author, I’ve probably read something by them. James Patterson, John Green, JRR Tolkein, Jodi Picoult, Sarah Dessen, JK Rowling, Caroline Cooney, Rick Riordan, Robert Louis Stevenson, Frank Baum… and the list goes on and on.
I almost decided against doing this week’s topic, but I thought I’d push through. Admittedly, I scoured the Internet for popular authors, actually hoping it would be one I haven’t read.
Any authors I missed?