Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s list is all the bookish things (not books) that you want. And I have a lot of these.
- A library or study– I know this is far-fetched considering I’m a teenager with the room the size of a closet. But, if I could have anything, it’d be a library with floor to ceiling bookshelves and big comfy chairs or a study with the same things.
- A window seat– For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted a window seat. It’s the perfect place to lie and read all day.
- A huge squishy chair– I just want a nice place to read!
- More book shelves– I think the coolest thing ever would be to have shelves lining the upper parts of my walls; this way, my books are displayed and out of my way.
- Painted bookshelf– I’ve actually decided I’m going to paint the inside of my bookshelf a bright color. Probably a blue or a green.
- Cool T-shirts– I own a Hogwarts shirt, but I also want maybe a Camp Half-blood one or something to do with The Catcher in the Rye. I just want to be able to wear my favorite references around and see who gets it.
- BOOKMARKS– I always want bookmarks, so this is no surprise.
- A secondhand bookstore– Okay, I think it’d be nice to either own/ know of a cute little shop that sells all sorts of books. I don’t want it to be a musty dark store; I want a brightly lit cheerful store filled with interesting books.
- Bookish Decor– I want pictures with cute quotes from books, and not just all the popular ones. If only I could paint or draw or was artistic in any way, I could create tons of little trinkets and posters with bookish references. I want my room to be littered with the way the books influenced me. I could have canvases painted with John Green quotes and a red hunting hat and the Tinman and Scarecrow in little figurines. As it is, I hoard a bunch of junk, but I want all the junk to mean something! I want people to be bombarded right away with my love of reading.
- An outdoor place to read– It could be anything: a hammock, a swing, or just a nice little alcove.
I’ve begun to see a trend here. All I need is space for my books and nice places to read, and I’ll be set!