Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is books that should/ will go into your beach bag. This is hard, because I’m not going to the beach until July, so I haven’t thought of any good books to bring! I’ll just recommend some books I’ve already read for you guys to bring on your vacations!
- The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen (or any Dessen book)
- Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks (or any Sparks book)
- Calico Joe by John Grisham
- Confessions of a Shopalholic by Sophie Kinsella
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Safe and Sound by T.S. Krupa
- Paper Towns by John Green
I think basically any book that isn’t a thriller, completely depresses you, or causes obsessive binge reading is great for the beach. I usually like fluffy books like chick lit or light contemporaries; I also would reread at the beach so I don’t have to completely focus on the book.
For all those going to the beach soon, have fun! And for all those not going/waiting to go, hang in there. Turn on a hose, put on a bathing suit, and pretend your grass is sand and the driveway is the ocean.