Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten books you’d give to readers who haven’t ever _____.
I feel like my title is really awkwardly worded. Sorry. I mean the books that you read until 2 in the morning with a tissue box in one hand and the pages in another. I’ll stick to young adult here, and these are the books that are just so emotional and intense and deeply moving that it completely blows your mind. Maybe not necessarily crying, but getting so into a book and its characters and getting a little blurry-eyed while doing it is quite alright.
These are the books that make you cry, scream, laugh, throw the book across the room then pick it up dust it off and continue reading hungrily type of books. These are the books that make you gasp in horror and squeeze your eyes shut to block out the sadness. The books that are so beautiful you ache to read them again. And without further ado, these are my books that do that for me. And I hope you feel all the feels with me.
- I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys