Read: 4 Books
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Destiny by Cindy Ray Hale
- Winger by Andrew Smith
- Matched by Ally Condie
Book Hauls: 1 paperback
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- 915 bookmarks
- YALL Fest! Let’s just talk about this for a second. We’re driving up to Charleston this Thursday to go to a festival dedicated to young adult literature. And I couldn’t be more excited. Seriously, guys, this is going to be crazy. I’ll finally be able to see panels filled with some of my favorite authors and hear them talk about important issues like film adaptations, true love, and mental issues. As soon as the schedule came out last week, I dropped everything and wrote a YALL-fest cheat sheet for the day so I can see as many wonderful authors as possible. It’s bad enough I go to book festivals, but planning them as well is almost too nerdy to be possible.
- Homecoming was a blast this year! Despite the fact that dancing has morphed into just a giant blob of people bobbing to music, my friends and I still had a great time.
- I competed in my second debate tournament last Saturday. We won two rounds and lost two, but the judge for one of them was totally biased. We should have won them all. At least three.
- I passed county level of Governor’s Honor Program and I’m advancing to state! GHP is a program where sophomores and juniors from around the state go to a college for a couple weeks in the summer to learn in-depth things about whatever discipline their school nominated them in. I’m for Communicative Arts, and I’m crossing my fingers I make it past the state interviews!
- Read: Winger by Andrew Smith- No contest. I’m in love with this book. More to come in my review!
- New: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- I guess it has to be my favorite since it’s the only one, but I’ve been waiting to buy this book for forever, so I’m super excited about it.
- Bookish: YALL festival, obviously! I’ll tell you guys all about it, hopefully next Monday!
- NonBookish: State level for GHP auditions