I’ll just be up front with you guys. Blogging-wise, these past couple of months have been rough. School, work, life…. Too much! My reading has been hurt, too. It’s shameful, I know. But, luckily, things have started to slow down and I’ve been getting some breathers in recently, so maybe I’ll pick up my reading pace and blogging schedule? I’ll try….
Read: 3 novels
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- We were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Guys, this is my all-time low. And one of these books I had to read for school. This is just sad.
Book Haul: 2 novels + ebooks
- Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
- I think I downloaded about ten free classics on Kindle. Now let’s see if I read them….
- YALL FEST
- I’ve resolved to read more classics. So for December, I’m going to read a classic then a short story from My True Love Gave to Me, then a classic, etc… It’ll be good for me. Building my literary credibility and giving myself little Christmas treats.
- 935 Bookmarks
- I survived working the feared Black Friday shift at Kmart from 10 p.m. Thanksgiving night to 6 a.m. Friday morning. And it was completely dead. How anticlimactic.
- We bought a Christmas tree! A real one. We aren’t about that fake tree life.
- I’ve decided to begin naming my months. November began as The Great Reorganization of November 2014, but I failed to reorganize, so its ending name is The Failed Reorganization of November 2014. I’m still deciding December’s name.
- Read: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (talk about a plot twist!)
- Bought: My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (A holiday romance anthology with many of my favorite authors? What’s not to love!?)
- Bookish: YALL FEST (duh)
- Non-Bookish: Christmas season! Lights and trees and reds and greens and winter… love it!
Alright, guys. I’m holding myself to this one. I need to clear my plate of book reviews and start doing weekly discussion posts again. Gotta stay on top of things this month! Can’t slip into reading only 3 books!
December name: Wrapping up Loose Ends (like gift-wrapping, get it? Christmas? I’m hilarious)
It has a nice ring to it. We’ll see if I live up to it.