Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is your top favorite books of all time within three years. I interpreted it as the books I’ve read in the past three years, so this is pretty easy for me because any books that I’ve read more than three years ago were simple juvenile fiction without as much meaning to me as the books I’ve read recently.
- I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
- Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (It’s a series, so I may be cheating but…)
- Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Winger by Andrew Smith
- We were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- The Stranger by Albert Camus
I had trouble thinking about my all time favorites, more trouble than I thought I’d have. I feel like there’s many books that are on the same level for me, but I think in terms of uniqueness, sticking with me, making me think, and entertaining me, these books are the winners.