Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re looking at characters who are fellow book nerds, which took me a while to think of some.
- Cath from Fangirl— From obsessing over Simon Snow to writing fan fiction about his world, Cath is the ultimate fangirl, and inadvertently the ultimate book nerd.
- Delilah from Between the Lines— If you can fall in love with a fairy tale character, then you have officially gained the status of book nerd.
- Celie from The Color Purple— Her determination to learn to read and her dedication to her letters are enough to make her a book nerd.
- Charlie from Flowers for Algernon— Charlie’s in the same boat as Celie. He’s willing to do anything to learn– including a new-fangled and dangerous surgery for intelligence.
- Hermione from Harry Potter— This one is obvious. “I read in the library…”
- Annabeth from Percy Jackson— Also obvious. If Percy didn’t have her spouting off all the mythology facts, he’d be lost.
- Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower— Again, the letters. And his relationship with his English teacher really seals the deal.
- Holden from Catcher in the Rye— Holden may try to fool you into thinking he isn’t into books, but just looking at his aspiration to sit and talk with authors is enough to make him a fellow book nerd.
- Amir from Kite Runner— He’s constantly reading and writing throughout the whole novel.
- Matilda from Matilda— Come on. She’s been holding a book since birth.